Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Week 2 Day 1 Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge

Activity 2: The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge [4 points]

Every year approximately 7500 people arrive in Taupo, New Zealand to compete in a one-day cycling race around Lake Taupo. The race route is 160 km in length. Participants can choose to compete in the full race or the half-race (80 km). Let’s imagine that you were given a free ticket to compete in the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge next year and you were able to bring three people with you as your ‘support crew.’ Who would you bring with you?
If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui, as one of my supporters because he’s really funny and energetic. I think that he would make sure that I had a great time and that I spent the entire day laughing and smiling. I would also choose my sister, Leigh, because she is very strong and fast. Thirdly, I would choose my co-leader, Hazel, because she is very organised and would make sure that we followed the trail and didn’t get lost!
List the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.
Support Crew
Cousin Brazie - My cousin and I are very close and I know that he would be a great supporter.
Uncle - My uncle is a very supportive person and has always been there for me.
Mum - My mum has always been in my life and she's helpful and supportive.

1 comment:

Evelyn SLJ said...

Hi there Tyra,

You have picked a fantastic team to be your support crew, I think the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge would go really well for you! I love the reasons you have given for picking each person. It would be lovely to have your mum with you for the ride and it's an added bonus that she's helpful and supportive! :)

Do you think you would like to head on over to Taupo and participate in this challenge in the future one day? Have you been to Taupo before? I went there quite a few years ago and I had an fabulous trip!

Best,
Evelyn :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.