Pages

Wednesday 16 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Week 4 Day 2 Activity 1: A Flying Fox

DAY 2: Protecting Our Own


Activity 1: A Flying Fox [4 points]

New Zealand has some of the most beautiful forests in the world. Both New Zealanders and tourists, alike, enjoy walking through these forests. Unfortunately, constantly walking through forests can damage the plants and animals (flora and fauna) that live there. In an attempt to protect the local flora and fauna, an eco-tourism company in Rotorua came up with an idea. The Rotorua Canopy Tours Company designed a series of ziplines that sit above the forest canopy (top). People can ‘zip’ from one section of the forest to another, looking down on the beautiful natural areas below. To see what ziplining looks like, check out this video.
I have tried ziplining and I really enjoyed it, however, I must admit that I was pretty scared to try it at first. How would you feel if you had the chance to go ziplining in Rotorua?
On your blog, tell us how you would feel about going ziplining in Rotorua. Try to use some descriptive words (adjectives) and action words (verbs) in your post!.

My thoughts on ziplining is dangerous but possible could be fun. If I were ziplining I would be terrified depending on the height. Ziplining is dangerous but as long as you have a strong support I know I will enjoy this zipline. I imagine myself having butterflies in my stomach and I will be very scared especially to look down to the ground. Over all I know for sure I would love and enjoy ziplining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Tyra,
I am Vitaraag. I don't think that zip lining is dangerous unless they put the wire through trees. I would of been nervous to but after a while I would probably get oust to it. Maybe next time you can say if you wan to go on it or not. Keep up the amazing work!

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.