Pages

Monday 14 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Week 3 Day 5 Activity 3: Let it Rain

Activity 3: Let It Rain [10 points]
Over the past few decades, we have seen an increase in the amount of rain that falls here in New Zealand. We are lucky, however, that most of the rain that falls is regular rainwater and not polluted acid rain. Acid rain is rain that has bad chemicals (pollutants) in it. When acid rain hits the ground it can enter the water system, killing plants and animals. Click here to learn more about acid rain.

Let’s imagine that New Zealand was hit by a massive acid rain storm. Acidic rain fell for three days and three nights. When the rain fell, you stayed inside with your friends and family. When it stopped, however, you and your family decided to go for a walk outside. You opened the door and...

On your blog, write a short story about what happened when you opened the door and walked outside after the acid rain storm. To earn full points, you must write a story that is 8 – 10 sentences long.
As I open the door I see trees without any leaves. I could hardly see any green. Parts of houses were destroyed. I was afraid of what would happen next, will the storm come back? Who knows, As my family and I walk down our neighborhood I see a few kids in sadness. It was very upsetting to see trees with no leaves and we do need trees to breathe.

1 comment:

Ellee said...

Hi Tyra!

This makes me so sad to read this story... I think it would be horrible to experience this!
I feel as though you have created an amazingly entertaining story though Tyra - Well done :)

I can only imagine seeing areas that are so familiar to you looking one way being completely changed!
Did you use anything for inspiration for this story?

After reading this I hope that acid rain never hits New Zealand!!

Ka pai Tyra!

Nga mihi,
Ellee :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.