Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Week 3 Day 2 Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don't Stink

Activity 2: Carbon Sinks Don’t Stink! [4 points]

Every day a chemical compound called carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced and released into the air.  If it isn’t removed, it can become toxic for humans. Fortunately, there are a number of places where CO2 is absorbed (removed from the air). Two of the most common places are forests and oceans. They are called ‘carbon sinks’ because, like a sink, they gather, clean and drain things away that we don’t want. One of the largest carbon sinks in New Zealand is a forest in the south-western part of the South Island. It drains away 60% of our unwanted carbon!
Let’s imagine that you could design a sink that could gather up and then drain away any foods that you don’t like. On your blog, tell us what you would put in your special sink. If it was me, I would put rice pudding, brussel sprouts, custard, parsnips, and seafood chowder in the sink. Yuck! What about you?


  • On your blog, list all of the foods that you would put in your special draining sink.
  • Tomatoes
  • Pumpkins
  • Mushrooms
  • Peas
  • Broccoli
  • Peppers
  • Eggplants





2 comments:

Hinerangi said...

Kia Ora Tyra,

You may not know me as I am a student from Pt England School. I was searching through your blog and found this amazing post of yours. I really love this post as most of the food items you wrote down was included to my post as well. I've also say that I'm not a huge fan of peas as well, I don't know why but I just don't like it. Thank you for the post and hope to see more blogging from you soon. Enjoy your holidays and keep up the good work.

What's your least favourite food out of all 7 items you wrote down?

Kind Regards,
Hinerangi

Ellee said...

Hi Tyra!

Oh no, not the mushrooms, anything but the mushrooms! :)
I really like mushrooms now but I must say when I was younger I would have been on board with this choice. I didn't much like them, I would only eat them if they were mixed into things ...Now I eat them by themselves just fried up - Yum! :)

This is quiet the list Tyra, lots of veggies - you not a veggie kinda guy I guess?
Are you more of a sweet tooth?
Do you have a favourite dessert?
Mine is my Mums caramel oat cake...so good makes me dribble even thinking about it! :)

I love veggies... I kinda have to too as I eat like a vegan - No meat or dairy products - because of that I would have to keep all veggies :)

Great work on this activity Tyra, ka pai!

Nga mihi,
Ellee :)

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.