Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Summer Learning Journey - Week 4 Day 5 Activity 2: Adoption Day

Activity 2: Adoption Day [4 points]

Not only can you help the planet by reducing, reusing and recycling, you can also help to save animals and plants by ‘adopting’ them. To ‘adopt’ an animal through the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), you need to visit their adopt a species page, read through the list of animals and choose one.
With the WWF, you don’t actually adopt the animal and bring it home! It’s a symbolic adoption. In this case you pay a fee ($55.00) and the money is used to provide food and care for your chosen animal. Visit the WWF site and take a look at the animals who are available for adoption. Choose your ‘top three’ animals from the website.

On your blog, list the three animals that you have chosen and then compare and contrast them. How are they similar? How are they different? At the bottom of you post, tell us which of the three animals you would most like to adopt..
1. Cheetah
2. Leopard
3. Tiger
All three animals that I have chosen are part of the cat family.
These three big cats have different patterns on their body.
I would choose the leopard to adopt and take care of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tyra,
My name is Melita. I study in Christ The King school. I think you are doing a great job on the SLJ. I like the animals you have chosen. Maybe next time you could describe a little more about the animals. Other than that great job.

Amy Tofa said...

Hi Tyra you must really like cats. I am always excited when I go to the Auckland Zoo and see the lion and tigers there. However, I often feel sad because they are not in their natural habitats. It would be amazing to see them in their natural habitat. I guess we have David Attenborough to thank for getting us close to cats we do not see on a day to day basis.

Great post and I am so happy to see you have been working on the Summer Learning Journey.

Kind regards
Mrs Tofa

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.